PING the Conference on Polarization in Noble Gases takes place from 8 - 13 October in Park City Mountain Resort, Utah, USA.
This international conference (held every three years) is devoted to presenting and discussing recent advances and current problems in the polarization, management, and applications of hyperpolarized gases (He, Xe, Kr, pure or combined with alkali vapors). Established as well as prospective fields of application in fundamental and applied physics, biomedicine, imaging, and instrumentation will be addressed. The conference spans all areas of expertise, from the physics of the polarization processes, to surface science, to lung physiology.
Topics include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Basics of optical pumping, MEOP & SEOP
- Polarization hardware, lasers & new techniques
- Fundamentals of MR imaging
- Hyperpolarized 3He Neutron Spin Filters
- Clinical applications
- Drug development
- Diffusion NMR in porous media
- Fundamental physics/symmetries tests
- 129Xe NMR in surface science
You can meet the M Squared team in the exhibition area throughout the conference.
More information can be found on the conference website: